Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tragedy

I have been really praying about it, and I really feel like now is not the time to share with you guys the biggest issue that has been a part of my life the past two years, simply because it involves other people that are really trying to get help and make things better, and by sharing the past struggles with people in this crucial time of healing, I’m very likely to reopen scabs that just need some time to seal… Perhaps soon I will be able to share a little of what has taken place.


But for now, I WILL share a few of the other struggles I have faced.

First of all, this year has been a huge season of loss and tragedy in my life.

My grandfather battled cancer for over a year before going to be with the Lord in the early fall of 2009. This was really hard on me because, due to some issues at home, He was seriously the compassionate Father-figure in my life at the time. He spent his last days at home and up until about the last week, He was in fairly good health. However, those last 6 or 7 days I spent in Heber Springs helping my grandmother were heart-wrenching... just seeing my once-strong grandfather in that feeble state of health. Not to mention the emotional toll it had on my mother. Mom is like one of my best friends, so it hurt me even more to see her hurting. It was already a sensitive time in our lives, and I really couldn’t understand why God would take Him from us at that time. Not until recently have I learned the truth behind praising God in the midst of troubles… and that the Lord gives, and the Lord takes away.

Just when things seemed to be looking better, tragedy stuck again. One rainy day, right before Christmas, my Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Junior were driving through Forrest City when a car hit them, head on. Uncle Junior died on impact, and Aunt Bobbie was med-flighted to Baptist. After many surgeries, we lost Aunt Bobbie as well. The driver of the other car was a teenage guy that is now permanently paralyzed from the neck down.

I don’t always understand. And I’ve realized that I don’t have to.

As cliché as it seems, God IS always in control.

And that has never been more real to me.

3 comments:

  1. Amen Molly... amen. With everything that you have dealt with in your own life (and in your own body, with your knee) and all the loss you encountered this year... it is such an inspiration to see you still praise God and lean on Him.

    What a precious young woman you are! I am honored to know you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your losses, but I'm pleased that you have such sensitivity for others' feelings as they heal. I have a very strong testimony, and one day when I'm able to share all of it w/o concern of hurting and embarrassing others, it will be even stronger. But for now, I must be sensitive to those loved ones in my life who are still battling through their issues. Many blessings to you and I pray God's wisdom will continue to grow in you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed looking over your blog
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete